Stinky breath can be a social killer - not only can it leave a bad impression at the workplace, but it is also not appreciated or welcomed in our romantic lives and friend circle. So, it is quite understandable if bad breath makes you want to crawl inside your blanket and avoid social situations.
Bad breath, medically known as halitosis is a common occurrence. It can happen with anyone at any given time of the day, even in the morning when you wake up. Halitosis can occur due to many factors, such as dry mouth or certain foods that you eat. But the biggest reason for bad mouth odour is neglecting your teeth and lack of a good oral hygiene routine.
But the good news is, your bad breath problem is curable, so don’t let that social anxiety get the better of you. Here is what you can do instead to keep the stink away and make your breath smell fresh –
- Brush twice a day
- Rinse with mouthwash
- Floss well
- Pop a chewing gum
- Eat the right foods
- Visit the dentist regularly
- A well-rounded oral care hygiene routine is essential if you want to keep smelly breath away. This includes brushing your teeth twice a day- first, in the morning after waking up, and the next, before tucking yourself into bed. It is important to use proper dental products such as an Oral-B electric toothbrush, which cleans the teeth thoroughly and removes all the plaque while keeping the enamel intact.
- After brushing, rinsing the mouth with a dental-approved mouthwash can make all the difference in halitosis treatment. Not only will it leave a pleasant taste and smell in your mouth, but it will also destroy all the bacteria that interact with leftover food particles and cause plaque.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day and using a mouthwash is not enough. If you want to get rid of bad breath, then you need to go a step further and floss your teeth well. Flossing may seem unnecessary and an optional step, but trust us, you do not want to skip this in your dental care routine if you want a solution for bad breath. A plain waxed floss can easily slide between the teeth and remove the tiny leftover food particles and gunk that may be stuck in there.
- Chewing a piece of gum is the simplest way to get fresh breath, especially when you are out and about. Of course, that does not mean it can substitute a proper oral health care routine. A sugar-free and dental approved chewing gum can make the gums stronger, facilitate saliva production and prevent dry mouth, making it an effective bad breath solution.
- If you love eating spicy food, you may want to cut down a bit. Eating foods that contain too much garlic, onions, and spices can contribute to bad breath, especially if you eat them late at night. Instead, opt for healthier foods and regularize your eating habits.
- Timely dental appointments can help keep halitosis away and prevent other gum and teeth diseases that may contribute to bad breath. So, if you want a bad breath solution as well as a preventative measure, visit your dentist every six months, so you won’t have to be anxious about social situations again.
Bad breath can stink (literally)- but don’t let it get the better of you. Taking care of your teeth and having a good dental routine in place can cure bad breath in no time. It is also important to use advanced dental products such as Oral-B electric toothbrushes to ensure your teeth get the proper treatment they deserve.